Little bit late on the band wagon for this one, this is the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics palette. In all honesty I probably didn't need yet another eye shadow palette, but I have every single UD Naked palette so I figured I might as well complete the collection, the trials and tribulations of a beauty junkie!
So this palette has 12 new shades that are exclusive to this palette, another reason why I just had to add it to my collection really! This consists of 11 matte shades and one shimmer shade for brow highlight. The colour that really sucked me in with this palette is 'Lethal' I'm a sucker for a purple-cranberry shade and I felt that I really didn't have a shade like this in my ever growing collection.
This palette is a great palette for a beginner to make up or for someone who does make up for a living, you can use this palette to create stand alone looks or as base shades or just purely for crease shades. Sometimes with mattes they can be quite chalky and difficult to blend but Urban Decay never fail to deliver beautiful shadows, these blend seamlessly and are so smooth and buttery and really comfortable to wear.
I've swatched the palette below but the swatches don't really do these colours justice, they don't seem to pay off on camera very well but applied to the eyes they look beautiful. I'm a fan of the lighter more skin tone shades when it comes to doing an intense smoky eye so these are really useful for me to have as I feel like they provide a perfect base, or you can wear them on their own for a natural everyday look.
My go to with this palette has quickly become; 'Blow' for the brows, 'Commando' and 'Tempted' for all of the lid, 'Instinct' for the crease and 'Lethal' to intensify the crease. as you can tell I'm a sucker for a warmer toned eye look, I find myself reaching for the top row of this palette more so than the bottom row, so I feel like I need to get myself out of my comfort zone and experiment a little more with the bottom shades.
Let me know if you would like to see a look with this palette, whether it be a basic everyday look or a more intense smoked out look.
What are your favourite palettes?


No comments:
Post a Comment