Pages

Calling all Benebabes

Monday, 20 March 2017


 This is Benefit's Most Wanted Mascara Line Up, I picked this up around December time as my Tarte Light, Camera, Flashes mascara had hit that horrible crumbly dry stage. As I was being extra indecisive and didn't want to commit myself to full sized tube I thought I'd toss this in my basket and give it a go.


Now I've tried the "They're Real" and the "Bad Gal" and I really like those two, but I've never tried the "Roller Lash" or the "They're Real" Liner. The Roller Lash I thought might be a bit of a con and the first few times I used it I must admit I did curl my lashes, it's a hard habit to break when you've been doing it since you're about 15! After my colleague insisted I tried it without the curlers I gave it a shot and I must say, it did curl my lashes and give them a nice look, but I still recurled them the following day. Old habits die hard hey! 


The Bad Gal lash is one of my favourites I must say. I like that it's not a plastic brush and it gives your lashes lots of volume and length. The one thing I really dislike about this is when it starts to dry out it transfers to the under eyes and leaves you with a bit of a panda eye effect.  


They They're Real mascara is a firm favourite of mine, it lengthens and separates the lashes something special. I must admit I haven't tried the primer that comes with this, I have a fear of the whole white eyelash effect, like when you used to buy those double ended mascaras you used to get when I was about 15/16 that were a stark white primer and your lashes used to end up looking a grey colour. This primer is a tinted one so maybe you wouldn't end up with that effect but I'll eventually give it a go and stop chickening out! 


Now this liner, I had high hopes for, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but my God, I do not like this liner! I find the formula really dry and difficult to work with, once you can get the product going it's fine to apply but it transfers like a bitch! I have tried everything with this liner, I've tried just leaving it, tried letting it dry for a while and tried setting it with translucent powder and with eyeshadow. No matter what I do, this transfers, and it's really quite upsetting because I really wanted to love this liner and unfortunately I just don't. The only good thing I can say about this product is that when you eventually get it on your lid it's very black and pigmented.

Can you recommend any good mascaras?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS