Pages

You're only Semi-Sweet

Tuesday, 30 August 2016


Queue a post on one of my favourite eye shadow brands ever...Too Faced!!


This is their Semi Sweet version of the original Chocolate Bar palette (which I blogged about here). I'm obsessed with these palettes, I just find them so amazing and the smell is just to die for. All of these eye shadows in this collection are made from cocoa powder which I personally think is pretty cool, so you can apply your make up whilst smelling chocolate without putting on the pounds - bonus!


So lets start with the packaging first of all, I quite like the quality of this packaging in the sense that it's really sturdy and durable but ridiculously light weight so it's great for travelling or chucking in your bag. It's a metal tin with a magnetic fasten, and theres a decent sized mirror in the palette too.


So let's get onto the colours. There's 16 shadows in the palette ranging from matte finishes, shimmer finishes and of course glitter finishes. The glitter shades I really like because they're not chunky glitter shades so they blend out really nicely but still pack a punch, especially when used with Mac Fix+ or eye drops etc. You have the following colours in this tin, so from top to bottom, left to right; Licorice, Coconut Creme, Nougat, Truffled, Hot Fudge, Cocoa Chilli, Pink Sugar, Puddin', Blueberry Swirl, Peanut Butter, Frosting, Rum Raisin, Mousse, Caramel, Bon Bon and Butter Peacan.


My go to favourites for an everyday look are Nougat for the transition shade, then Peanut Butter blended into the crease, Butter Peacan over the lid with Mousse blended into the outer V. This is pretty much my go to for work as it's simple yet chic, it takes me seconds to do in the morning and stays put all day.


So below you can see the shades on my arm and you can see that for the most part the colour pay off and pigmentation are pretty good, some of the colours require a little more building up to get the true colour but that doesn't really phase me because I enjoy playing with the shadows and making new looks up.


With the palette you get a little look book which provides you with some inspirational looks but if you're anything like me you'll just jump right in and start experimenting.


What's your favourite Too Faced palette that you would recommend?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS