Fancy a festive glow? Look no further. Bobbi Brown
I just want to start off by saying how much love I have for these shimmer bricks. I have two shades, Bronze and Rose, and I just love them. They're such a versatile product and don't chunk up at all.
So all of the shimmer bricks come with five different strips of colour in them, each of which can be used individually or all together. The bronze I personally steer clear of unless I've got a suntan, as it is quite bronze. I'll sometimes use it if I've put a bit of fake tan on but I keep to the top part of the palette and avoid the bottom sections.
The rose one is perfect all year round, it's a beautiful pink shade and works really well with the fairer complexion. I love being tanned but I rarely have the time and energy to commit properly to fake tan, I just find that it's so much effort!
So above is the Bronze shimmer brick, it's got quite a warm tone running through the palette. I love this as a highlighter and a bronzer, but I adore it as individual eyeshadows. The quality of these palettes is amazing, they formula is creamy and buttery, not chunky at all and doesn't sit on top of your skin, it just blends beautifully for a flawless finish.
Above is the rose and as you can see it features both warm and cool tones in this palette, so it's a little more versatile than the bronze in terms of skin tones. I really like this one but tend to avoid it as an eye shadow palette, rose colours just don't seem to work on me, I keep experimenting with them but I usually end up looking like I have a form of pink eye, which is most definitely not cute. This as a highlighter though is beautiful.
So as you can see from the swatches above and below (without and with flash) the bronze is a very bronze shade, this would work as a beautiful highlighter on darker skin tones. The rose is much more versatile and just gives off a beautiful flushed look. I definitely find myself reaching for the rose over the bronze, especially this time of the year. I love these to really make your make up pop and to give you a flawless glow.
What are your favourite highlighters to use to get that gorgeous, flawless glow?


No comments:
Post a Comment